Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lime Pie, Lemon Buttermilk Cookies and More!

Spring officially starts March 20Th this year, but it sure feels like it's here already. The weather here has been beautiful. The growing season has started and I'm excited to begin working on our garden. I adore having all kinds of fresh herbs on hand. And roses, how I love my roses! Being able to cut fresh flowers feels like such a luxury. My father has given me some dahlia bulbs, and I'm excited to get them planted and growing.

Here are some goodies I made during Blue College in February for our guests. An old fashioned Lime Pie . A very simple, easy and traditional recipe. Tart with a wonderful lime flavor topped with sweetened whipped cream to bring some sweetness to the equation. We had enchiladas for dinner so the lime pie for dessert was a nice finish.

These are Lemon Buttermilk Cookies. Adapted from this recipe. I also added some lemon juice to the frosting and increased the zest for a stronger lemon flavor. They are delicious and have a cake like texture. Perfect with afternoon tea!


A beautiful rainbow I saw recently nearby.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and I assume delicious pastry.